Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Driving modes seem to half reset when engine restarted

Reactions
City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Audi S3 2017 model
Hello

I've recently bought a 2017 Audi S3 and something seems either at best confusing or at worst, wrong with how the driver modes work.

If I start the vehicle in economy mode and manually select dynamic mode the display shows mode = Dynamic and the gears show as S1, S2 etc (whcih I assume is sports). The car feels aggressive.
If I then turn the vehicle off and back on the mode still shows Dynamic but now the gears show as D1, D2 etc. The car doesn't feel AS aggressive.

Same "issue" happens with any mode Ie if I then change it to Economy the mode will change to =Economy and the gears will show as E1, E2. This is until I restart the car. The mode will then show economy but the gears now show as D1 etc again.

In summary the mode seems to stay until changed but each time I restart the gears go back to D1-D7.

Why is this ? Is this normal ? Is the car REALLY staying in same mode as doesn't feel like it.

Thanks

J

Johnny

For some reason the gears will always start with Drive. It's the same with Volkswagen DSG.