Blue Atlas in Ontario Canada....10,000 kms

GoBlue

Reactions
I have had my Blue V6 4motion just over 3 months now. Loving it! Not too loaded...wanted cloth seats.
Very cold and damp here in the winter and leather/vinyl is not a friend of that.
The bum warmers are awesome, you have to dial them back pretty quick![like]

I have driven in the snow already but not anything deep yet.
I have about 10,000 km on the clock and that's about 6,000 miles.
Cheers

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome aboard [MENTION=53]GoBlue[/MENTION].

WyoAtlas

Reactions
The blue is a really nice color for these cars. Thumbs up!

OP
G

GoBlue

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks....
I was going to get a Black one but there was a pre-sold unit that came thru my dealer when I was there in the Blue and it showed the lines and contours well.
I had to wait a couple of weeks to get the color ( colour eh? ) but I thought it was worth it.

I was looking at the Mazda CX-5 as a potential vehicle but thought is was a bit too small and kind of a hard road noise ride....Didn't want to pay the difference for the CX-9 and since I have been a pretty faithful VW guy, the Atlas was worth the wait.

I had a pre-conceived idea of the Atlas's size before they arrived in showrooms and boy was I wrong...the size is perfect for me....bigger than I thought it would be!

I think the new Tiguan is going to really impress a lot of people as they are much larger now, but the extra size with the Atlas was worth it to me.

Fuel is a concern here with us paying $4.50 per gallon for regular gas in Canuck bucks.....The normally aspirated VR6 ( non-turbo ) may be harder on fuel over the Turbo 2.0, but 91 or 93 octane fuel is $1 more per gallon as we buy fuel in liters ( 3.8 liters per US gallon ) and get ripped off because of the smaller base measure.

It's still kind of cool there was a place for the VR6 today as well. I expect I may put a K&N air filter in at some point if one is offered....I have always liked them.

Cheers Paul

Atlas Posts