Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Golf Alltrack 2018
Reactions
Injector cleaning additive is a good 20190116_131241(2).jpg idea ...BUT, it doesn't address the problem of carbon build-up on the back of the intake valves one bit. To clean the carbon build-up on the valves the only solution is manual cleaning

of the valves. The preferred method is walnut blasting which is costly . I know VW's seem to get blamed (more than other makes) but almost every manufacturer that has D.I.has this issue. I know Toyota uses a combination of

D.I. AND Port Injection, I don't know how that system works but at least they're addressing the problem. Apparently VW made a half hearted attempt and did the same as Toyota but VW stopped doing it and those cars were only

available in Germany (maybe all of Europe) but ALL N.A. VW's have the carbon build-up problem. I have a 2017 Alltrack with 41Kmi and have been thinking about getting it done because my gas milage has dropped lately I haven't

noticed anything else like rough idle at cold start, loss of power, just the drop in gas milage. I think those are the 3 main telltale signs to watch for. Now IF I was having any 2 of those symptoms I would get it in for cleaning.

One other thing I will have done at that time...I'll have my water pump replaced because I've read it is a common issue for them to leak at 50Kmi or so and it will be cheaper (labor wise) to have the valves cleaned and water pump

replaced at the same time. I've had VW's and Audi's exclusively since '75 or so and used to be a big fan...not so much anymore. The main reason I bought the Alltrack was it was time to move out of my MK4 Jetta w/265Kmi

which I still have and running good and still has the original clutch! It's been a great car.

Attachments