Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

new coilovers available with a two way setup for mqb.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
i noticed that the brand silvers now have a complete option for the mqb plateform.

its called the neomax 2-way coilovers.
an option for super low. which just means you get an additional inch or so lower without bottoming out if you go low.
an option to select any spring rate you want.
rebound and compression separate adjustments.
separate oil tubes. this helps with any over heating if your doing a lot of hard driving. allows the oil in them to last longer and less degradation.

when i do coil-overs, i aiming for the super low, two-way coil-overs from these guys.

link to slivers-na website
mqb coilovers 54.5mm

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #2
so i decided to pull the trigger on the 2way full superlow coilover setup by silvers.
i wonder if i should take the extra time to document it?

if i do document it, should i take a video or photos. video to me would take forever to finish. photos would take time as well but not as long. hmmm not sure yet.
what do you all think?

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
this is the week am doing the full install. pretty excited about it.

i do plan to take my time on it. it should take about a few days.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #4
here is the box. im about to open today and start the install this weekend.

20240131_170249.jpg

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #5
20240131_170242.jpg

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #6
ok guys, the fronts are on. the rears are not. i didn't realize that the rears on the magride have shock mounts that are non-removable. so i have some on order.

the fronts look great.
the super lows are super great. they allow me to set them at stock height or even higher if i wanted to. but obviously, i want to go low. the super low does allow me to drop it a tad lower. so i would recommend the super low (some other companies call them extreme low) for your daily drive.

the difference is not too much. i would say i gained another half-inch to one full-inch max drop. but I'm actually set near the middle level to the lower side of the shock adjustability. so i have more room to go high or lower. love it.

for this install, i installed brand new;
front neuspeed sway bars,
neuspeed endlinks,
whiteline lower control arms with max-c.,
verkline front subframe.
along with the silvers 2-way super low coilovers with independent reservoir.

i also needed more room in the front for the top of the coilover controls. its for the camber and compression controls. the rebound is on the bottom reservoir.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #7
ok so the coilovers are installed. i have been driving on them for a few weeks now.
i will do a quick review.

the ride is just awesome!
its got that perfect balance of stiffness and control without being too aggressive. obviously if you use an aftermarket lowering setup you do expect to give up some softness but i will say its way better if not something i would have optioned from the dealer (if it was available) like it is now. its lowered some but not too much. the front's wheel gap is gone and the rear is pretty much the same if not lowered a tad. with this setup i can slam it or raise it higher than stock. there is that much room to adjust on these. I'm as surprised as you are. and yes i did try to give it full height adjustment and it was in the air high. i know i can slam these with no issues too. so if you plan on using smaller rims and tires, this can easily accommodate that slam look.

i would probably slam it one day when i have a place where the driveway is flatter but for now i have no issues over most driveways, speed bumps or dips. the control is great on the highway and regular roads. i have set it to the most softest settings for now. just to get my feel for how comfortable it can be on a daily car. the front and rear sways are also set to soft. i have no issues driving it daily. its not harsh at all.

the car now looks great. its to my liking and I'm not sure if would change anything for awhile.

ill give more info later but if you have questions feel free to ask. i know everyone here is pretty reserved but dont be. its more engaging if you do join in and create a conversation.

ill put up some photos soon as i need to give it a good wash before i take some photos.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #8
for the installation part i had to decide on how to have full control of the top knob adjuster and have full access to the top hat area for the fronts. that screws that allow us to adjust camber in available on these and i didn't want to have a hard time to adjust them. so i decided to modify the front strut towers to allow a larger hole for that.

this is before i cut out the hole.

View attachment 20240203_134624.jpg

this is after the cut. both sides had the same treatment. full access.

20240203_134601.jpg

Attachments

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #9
here are some more photos of the strut tower.

Attachments