san jose
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Mazda3 2014
Hi,

I am hoping there is enough similarities between the Golf Alltrack and Golf SportWagen to get some good feedback here. I apologize if this message is misplaced.
I am new here and considering buying the 2019 Golf SportWagen with 4Motion (AWD) but I am a bit worried about the fuel economy (I saw 29-30mpg on highway compared to 33mpg on the Outback or 35mpg on the Legacy). Do you have any real experience with this car's fuel economy ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

jlbay

Reactions
City
KANSAS CITY
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Golf AllTrack SEL
Using non-ethanol, I get 32-33 on highway going around 70mph. 28-30 is about my average each tank with mixed driving.

Gray Bark

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf Sportwageen
After 2500 miles on my 2019 Sportwagen 4Motion I'm seeing 32mpg on the highway - which is 10% less than the dashboard display claims. Around-town mileage is not good - sometimes as low as 20mpg, and I drive very gently - so I'm keeping my 2000 Civic for in-town errands. The Sportwagen is, however, a pleasurable car to drive. We test-drove the Crosstrek but prefer the solid feel of the VW. We drove the Outback as well and found that to be better built, but it was too large for us. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions
I live in St. Louis and town/light traffic light to light I get 20-22mpg if I drive spirited, up to 24mpg if I am gentle. Highway @ 65-68mph I will average 34-37mpg, and 32-33mpg @ 70-75mph. If I drive above 80mph, economy drops sharply to the mid 20's probably due to the 31 drag coefficient. I'm satisfied with the numbers, it's a great driving car, feels comfortable and well balanced on the highway...