Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Taking A Gamble On A NewTire

KenMoore

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
Living in Oklahoma and not wanting to change tires I have always opted for : Ultra High Performance All Season tires ( currently Michelin Pilot Sport W A/S). I picked up a screw and destroyed the right rear with only 8 months on them so I was out another $200. Here are my thoughts: I just want tires that handle well given the spirited nature that I drive, do well in wet, dry, and even a lil snow action if needed. What I don’t want is a tire that I have to replace at every 10K - 12K miles because I’ve reached the wear bar.

So I drank the TireRack kool-aid and switched from Ultra High Performance to Grand Touring. I had never heard of this company Vredestein. I bought Vredestein Quatrac Pro :https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...tein&tireModel=Quatrac+Pro&partnum=24YR8QTPXL

I’ll add to this post over time to let everyone know how they perform

First Update: Due to the pandemic I only have 1000 miles on the the new tires but I like them. Less road noise and a little softer ride. Can still enjoy some spirited driving if I want. All I want is 18K miles and I’ll be happy.

Last edited:

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
I've had no issues with all season tires. I like the continental dws tires.

Last edited:
Reactions
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 RS3
Any updates?