Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

vcds turn off brake assist coding

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
this is not new but i recently did the coding after finding others have had good results with this process.
ill give a full feed back once i drive test it on my own car.
the idea of this coding is to help with brake feel. under hard braking or even soft braking, i feel that there is a 2 stage braking that is happening. while pressing on the brake, i would tend to feel like the brake assist will help brake at mid level. making it feel like i didnt have a "linear" depress of the brakes which in turn makes the car feel "jerky".
with this i hope to remove that assist.

vag vcds:
change these 3 items all in module 3.

brake booster,
hydraulic brake booster,
hydraulic brake assist.

codes that might work:
brake booster 25004

h. brake booster & h. brke assist 11966

stock factory setting:
brake booster = 4
changed to = 0

h. brake assist = normal
changed to = not activated

h. brake booster = 8
changed to = 0
(im only testing this one at 0 but will attempt different values to see what happens)

in case those codes dont work try these:

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Ilminster
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2019 S3 Sportback
New to this forum and just seen your post. Did the changes you made work?
I HATE the pedal velocity Brake Assist and want a linear pressure sensitive pedal that doesn't do emergency stops with the slightest tap.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
the update is, it changes things up.
you will notice it does not turn off brake assist. i cant find a way to turn it completely off and i don't think we can.

then what you'll want to do is test different configurations/combos to get your personal desired feed back.

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #4
Another coding for brake pedal feel WORKS!

update again,
i recently changed another item. anyone tries this let me know these facts about your car and if it worked or if your particular car threw a code.
don't change anything else. change only this and drive it for about a few weeks. that way any code will come and your be able to test out the new coding to see if it did anything for your ride.

for me, it changed the braking dynamics again. i don't feel that extra help at the end of the stopping process.
i need to drive more and make more aggressive stops to lite stops. to see what else i can tell. remember don't change anything else while testing this out. we need to make sure any changes is because of this coding and not a combo of coding.

vcds coding:
when your in module 03 like above.
you'll need a code but i forgot which one i used.

4643 - overboost in brake system
factory = activated
changed to = not activated