Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Washer Fluid Sensor

KoRe401

Reactions
City
Rhode Island
State
RI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus
Hi Folks, picked up my used '16 S3 a few weeks back and absolutely loving it. I noticed that the washer fluid light comes on randomly (usually when the engine is cold). It will normally shut off after about 15 minutes of driving or so. This is still bothering me though. . lol. From what I have read this is usually due to using the Orange De-Icer Rainx Washer Fluid in the reservoir and clogging up the sensor. The current reservoir is full with blue fluid only.

Anyone have a fix for this? Couldn't find any guides or videos for cleaning or replacing the sensor. Thoughts?

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Haven't had it on mine but don't you have a 4 year warranty aren't you still covered? also you just got it at CarMax they should fix it for you.

OP
KoRe401

KoRe401

Reactions
City
Rhode Island
State
RI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Audi S3 Premium Plus
Thread Starter #3
That’s a good point. The Carmax warranty is a limited one but I’ll call them to see if this might be covered. From what I’ve googled it seems like a fairly common Audi problem so I figured someone on here had an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViperG

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Philedelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Viper Green S3
Can't say I've ever had one go bad. I would imagine if they go bad do to fluid type it's a sensor style not a float. Couldn't find the one for the s3 but others are under $20 so not to bad if the sensor needs to be replaced. Wonder if it can be cleaned?

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Same as Viper, I've owned mine for 4 years and never had that issue.