What are people paying for on their 2022 Golf R?

golfrdave

Reactions
Seems every local dealer is asking for a couple of thousand over MSRP.

2zzmr2

Reactions
City
Torrance
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2zz swap MR2 Spyder
I guess this car is just as hard to get as the GRC?

NSNO

Reactions
City
canfield
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
15 bmw 328dx 14 Jetta TDI MT 23 R
my local dealer asking 10k over msrp. They will doubt they will get a second 2023 R. They only received one 2022 R

2zzmr2

Reactions
City
Torrance
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2zz swap MR2 Spyder
Hi Aaron,
We require a $500 refundable deposit on this vehicle if held for you.
It's a DSG in Pure White.
This vehicle has a $5000 adjustment to the MSRP of $48,129

Is this good? going to put a deposit this weekend

Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Golf R
I spoke to a dealership in Nashville last week, they report they are still asking and receiving the $5k you mention. This is what I paid last year in late Feb. They also sold their most recent R after the buyer waited 11 months for delivery.

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 Audi SQ8
I have a very random question: Can any one provide me a picture of a Canadian Golf R dash with the parking brake light? I need to see if it says BRAKE, or if it is the exclamation point with the circle around it.

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 Audi SQ8
I have a very random question: Can any one provide me a picture of a Canadian Golf R dash with the parking brake light? I need to see if it says BRAKE, or if it is the exclamation point with the circle around it.
I was able to answer this by using the vin and referencing the manual. The canadian car displays the P with in a circle symbol, the US car displays PARK.

Context is I am looking at importing a 2023 Golf R for my girlfriend from canada, and apparently, how this displays matters according to the importer. It needs to be recoded for the US, which is doable, and not hard.

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 Audi SQ8
Importing a Canadian Golf R to the U.S.: For anyone that cares. Governmental red tape figured out. Coding figured out. Warranty is a no go. A canadian VW is not covered in the US. This is the case even if you are on vacation in the US with your car, whether your car has a canadian registration, or a US registration. Even if you lived in Canada and move to the US, the car is not covered in the US if you formally import it. SO, this is a deal breaker.