NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 VW Atlas SEL Premium R-Line
Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well.

2023 Atlas SEL Premium R-Line here.

Very happy with the looks, drive and size. :)

Some issues, however:

1. Since new, there’s a rumble / sound of vibration / drone when stationary, idling in park or in gear; worse when the a/c is on. The noise sort of pulsates. Very upsetting! Any insight?

2. Passenger ventilated seat fan makes a buzzing noise. Driver’s seat is fine. What needs to be done to fix this? Cooling effect works great.

3. What the styrofoam piece under the front passenger seat? Should it be completely loose and not be held down with anything at all? So odd!

4. I previously set the memory seat positions, but the vehicle forgot them! I did the seat reset procedure and set the positions again, but why did this happen in the first place? Anyone have it happen more than once?

5. Any way to have the power tailgate not open as high, and any way to enable it to close with foot movement? Also, when I pull down on the tailgate, it sometimes closes and sometimes doesn’t. :|

6. Intermittent rattle from driver’s A-Pillar and Sunroof. Are these known issues / anyone else resolve same? Really hate for the dealer to have to fiddle with the interior so soon. Argh.

7. Is it possible for the vehicle to auto dim the side view mirrors? I was shocked at how bright the passenger side view mirror was when there was a vehicle behind me WITHOUT it’s high beams on. Mirror also seems to be more convex than on any other vehicle I’ve had, which makes me feel like it’s distorted. Normal?

8. Why do the radio tune buttons on the steering wheel not allow me to jump to the next Sirius Satellite radio station? The buttons on the navigation screen also don’t allow me to go to the next Sirius satellite radio station either. Seems the only way is to use the knob on the right, but you have to press it in each time to select the station, which prevents easy of changing stations from one to the next. Awful, instead of simply being able to continue down the station list with ease. Thoughts?

9. Does sport mode change suspension firmness or only transmission gearing? How about the heaviness of the steering wheel? It’s hard to tell. Also, what’s the difference between sport mode on the navigation screen and sport on the transmission shifter?

10. Is there an SD Card or other media port to bring over my own music collection?

11. Any way to disable auto unlock upon shifting into park? Seems like such a safety / security issue; the car shouldn’t automatically unlock, giving one a false sense of security (that the doors are locked, but aren’t).

12. Any way to lock the car while the engine is running?

13. Any way to permanently disable auto start/stop? Sucks that the a/c gets warms.

14. What does the icon with a vehicle and an hour glass to the left of the time on the instrument cluster mean (picture attached)?

15. What does the little circle icon with what seems to be graphic of a glove to the left of the time on the navigation screen mean (picture attached)?

16. Tint shop quoted $350 to tint the rear lamps with tinted film. Any less expensive options? And anyone have instructions on how to remove the rear lamp lenses from the vehicle? I’m only able to find youtube videos on how to remove the outer lamps; how about the inner ones? I may want to bring them to a body shop to be painted with tinted clearcoat.

17. I wanted a bench vehicle, but couldn’t find one and have the dual captain’s chairs. Is there a solution I can purchase to fill the space between the seats that looks as original as possible? And how about the gap between the seatbacks (so that when the third row is down, the view of the cargo area is blocked)? Very upsetting that captain’s chairs cars can’t convert to bench and vice versa.

Thanks so very much!

My best.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
D

dbs600

Reactions
City
W
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 VW Atlas SEL Premium R-Line
Thread Starter #2
Any way to remove all the added lines and highlighted areas on the image to the left!?

I can't see if I'm going to curb the vehicle or not with all the extra nonsense added on.

BMW's allow you to remove the guides / lines, but I can't figure it out in the Atlas. :(

Thank you very much!

Attachments