New VW Atlas To Start At Around $30,000, Top At $48,000

Reactions

Despite its size, the Volkswagen Atlas SUV will be attainable in the United States with the brand confirming that entry-level versions will start at around $30,000.

The German marque confirmed the news during a press conference at the Detroit Auto Show while saying that the range-topping SEL Premium trim will be priced from near $48,000. At this stage, VW has yet to decide where it?ll price the R-Line Atlas, reports Car and Driver.

If the brand delivers on its expected prices, it will perfectly position the Atlas to go head-to-head with the likes of the Mazda CX-9, Hyundai Sante Fe, Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia all of which start from around $30,000 and can top out near the $50,000 mark.

In spite of its German heritage, the Atlas will be built in Chattanooga, Tennessee and rides on VW?s Modular Transverde Matrix (MQB) platform. Initially, a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 238 hp will be offered alongside a 3.6-liter six-cylinder mustering up 280 hp. Both will be paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

When VW releases full pricing details in the coming months, we also expect to learn more details about all the available trim options.

Read more on Car Scoop.

Reactions
City
East Brunswick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford

Despite its size, the Volkswagen Atlas SUV will be attainable in the United States with the brand confirming that entry-level versions will start at around $30,000.

The German marque confirmed the news during a press conference at the Detroit Auto Show while saying that the range-topping SEL Premium trim will be priced from near $48,000. At this stage, VW has yet to decide where it?ll price the R-Line Atlas, reports Car and Driver.

If the brand delivers on its expected prices, it will perfectly position the Atlas to go head-to-head with the likes of the Mazda CX-9, Hyundai Sante Fe, Honda Pilot, Ford Explorer and GMC Acadia all of which start from around $30,000 and can top out near the $50,000 mark.

In spite of its German heritage, the Atlas will be built in Chattanooga, Tennessee and rides on VW?s Modular Transverde Matrix (MQB) platform. Initially, a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 238 hp will be offered alongside a 3.6-liter six-cylinder mustering up 280 hp. Both will be paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

When VW releases full pricing details in the coming months, we also expect to learn more details about all the available trim options.

Read more on Car Scoop.
Wow I want one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Silver Spring
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL Prem RL
My new VW Atlas Cross Sport Cost $52,575 and not very happy with the fact that the remote start will not work. I expect BETTER from VW than this.

Atlas Posts